These are some of the basic oily skin care tips that you need to introduce into your skin care routine if you have oily skin.
1. Try to use lukewarm water for cleansing oily skin, as it dissolves oil more effectively than cold water. It helps in washing away the dirt and impurities that have deposited on the skin and unclog the skin pores.
2. One of the best tips for women with oily skin to get clear skin naturally is regular cleansing. Cleansing your face twice a day is enough for keeping it clean. Don’t overdo the cleaning as it can over dry skin and trigger oil production from the sebaceous glands.
3. Use a gel based cleanser containing salicylic acid, citric acid and glycolic acid that help in reducing dead skin cells that clogs pores and leads to pimple outbreaks.
4. Don’t scrub too much. Exfoliating the skin 2-3 times a week is more than enough for removing dead cells and blackheads. The skin produces natural oils to store moisture, keep it hydrated and fight irritations. Overdoing on the scrubbing strips the skin of its natural oils and moisture and makes it dry.
5. One of the most important aspects of oily skin care is the periodic application of natural face masks that helps in soaking excess oil from the skin and removes harmful bacteria from the skin. Use a soothing face mask made of fuller earth (multani mitti) or sandalwood once a week to soak up excess oil, remove impurities and cool the skin.
6. As the summer season starts, go low on makeup. Substitute the heavy foundation for tinted moisturizing creams containing silicone that does not dissolve into the pores and clogs them. It also creates a barrier between skin and heat.
7. Control the temptation of touching your face with your hands, as it transfers additional oil, dirt and germs to your face making it prone to outbreaks. Scalp and hair produce oils too, so try to pull it back and keep away from your face during summer and control excessive oiliness of scalp by using oily hair home remedies.
8. The toner is an inseparable of oily skin care in summer. Use a toner to wipe the excessive oily areas of the face like the forehead and around the nose. The astringent properties of the toner soothe and cool the skin and also shrinks open pores which help in controlling oil production.
9. If your face gets too oily between washings, then use a medicated pad or tissue to wipe away excess oil from the face so that it can be freshened up within moments. This is one of the quick and handy oily skin tips that prevent the breakout of pimples and acne.
10. Watch what you eat. Those alluring cocktails and fried oily food might appear tempting, but they add extra oil to the skin making it susceptible to acne and pimples. Try to avoid food rich in oil and substitute them with food rich in vitamin A, such as, sweet potatoes, carrots, leafy greens such as kale, spinach, lettuce, red peppers, and fruits like cantaloupe, apricot, mango, etc.
11. Supply enough water to your body and skin by drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day.